Although online dating can be tons of FUN
It is very important to “PLAY it SAFE“
You never know who you will meet or what plan they have for you
This may not be your average Public Service Announcement
but it will make you THINK before you ACT
Something we have been taught to do but so often forget
I think we all have a general idea about the basic GROUND RULES when it comes to online-dating:
No RAW SEX
Yes, I know it feels like that Icy Hot commercial with all the bells and whistles, but it can wait
Whatever you do – do not play with another persons’ emotions
THE LAST THING YOU WANT is him showing up at
your house/ job/ all the places you have checked into on google/yelp/foursquare
DON’T OFFER THINGS YOU DON’T HAVE or AREN’T WILLING TO DO
These people really do exist, and what makes you think they CARE ABOUT YOU?
Well they do – just maybe not the way you thought they would.
If this has not creeped you out enough then let’s get down to the nitty gritty
I know… for this – it is okay to GO IN RAW
You are going to want to give it all you have got
– THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL TIME –
- Make sure you have GOOGLEd yourself and removed all personal information
- This includes:
- Your address from online jobs/service sites like Indeed, CareerBuilder, Monster, Craigslist, ect.
- Social Media Accounts like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinster, Google+, Instagram, ect.
- The last thing you want is a creep knowing where you work, your family, your friends, where you went to school, HOW TO PIN YOU DOWN WHEN YOU WANT TO ESCAPE
- Everyone loves # and @ but how many of those do you get a day?? I SEE YOU!
- Are you a SOCIALITE?
- Well how about putting your phone number in the search box on google, and yes google phone numbers count too – so where does it say you are sitting right now? Say it for me now, I SEE YOU!!
- We all love when all of our online information is linked RIGHT well yeah it has just helped the guy from the movie LOVELY BONES find you – he knows all your favorite spots that you have checked into on your phone, which service provider you have (PS: I HOPE THEY GET SERVICE EVERYWHERE) and when you go to and leave all your favorite spots – Creeeeepy!
THE TRUTH IS GOOGLE CAN BE BOTH YOUR ENEMY AND YOUR BEST FRIEND
So use it… use it to death… suck all the life out of it
Be the one in possession of the keys to these handcuffs
not the one wishing the cuffs were never put on
It starts and ends now…. the choice is yours
Play it safe: Strap up… Lock up… and make wise decisions.
Put your life in your own hands not the hands of a stranger
- Now google him – see what you can find.
- Check for sites like: Whitepages, intelius, tracknumber.org, cell searcher.info